Thursday, May 19, 2005

Scripting Scripted Script

The whole day yesterday I was figuring out how to make a PHP script that sends email to someone. I have read and read and try and try until I made it. My goal is to have a sort of "on-line" registration for the upcoming National Physics Conference which will be held in our university sometime in October. I designed a webpage in PHP that would do this and it took me the whole day! Hmm.. I am not that "expert" on PHP, everytime I have a specific project to make I end up figuring out myself how to construct a PHP script out of it. I went home very late yesterday night, and since I was succesful in realizing my project, I was having a good sleep. Sometimes when I couldnt finish what I have in mind, I had a habit of making ideas and thinking over it even when Im already in bed. I hate it coz I almost could not sleep. So funny when ideas came flying even in my dream!! Weird.

Today I was planning to make my project more elegant by adding some images and design but the university shuts down its power for almost one day. Holy Crap! I learned that some brilliant entities want to cut down some tree branches near the power lines, that's why they want to turn off the power. Grrr.. just for that they had to turn off the power for almost a day? WTF! I ended up doing nothing the entire morning. At noon I kicked dust and roamed around the city looking for a nice PC to buy. I haven't seen a decent one so far.

The power returned at 3 PM and I was able to install a new software on my PC. I had plenty of plans this morning for my project but having to wait for so many hours until the power goes back made my ideas fizzles out.

Im not in the mood of writing so pardon me if you find my entry weird.