Sunday, May 22, 2005

Skim Interrupted

I actually woke up very early today at 5:30(which is unusual for me) coz I finally had the courage to skim by my self alone in the beach. I was thinking about it for a long time and actually planned to go skim by my self one time, but when I woke up that day, Im again overwhelmed by a desire to go back to sleep. That changed everything I planned to do that morning.

This morning was totally different, I got up quickly before sandman put me to sleep again. Ate some leftover bread and sipped a hot ovaltine. Soon after I arrived on the beach minutes later, the sea was calm just as I wanted. But to my horror, the beachline is covered with rough and jagged pebbles! Maybe due to the mild waves, the pebbles just got wedged on the beachline and never left there. I checked around to see any good spot but freaking hell there's none. I dont want to waste my morning so I just tried to ride my board few inches away from the dreadful little pebbles. As usual, I fell and hurt my butt so hard. Please dont laugh at me, I still could not ride my board perfectly. Soon I can.

Some 30 minutes of running and rolling, Im starting to feel good and more determined to conquer my fear of falling. Just when I happen to pass where I left my backpack, I checked my things and found out my right slipper was gone! I remember there were so many stray dogs on the beach so I immediately suspected they ripped it off and dragged somewhere. I am not planning to go home and walk with one slipper in the middle of the city so Im furious to find where the freaking dogs trashed my slipper. I asked some people around and they all say they did not see my slipper. I checked around by my own, looking stupid, walking around barefooted while holding one slipper that was left for me. I could feel and see the eyes of all the strange people at the beach that time looking at me as I walk past them looking up, down, left, right, looking for a lowly slipper. I think they think Im crazy.

Im not going to give up and go home with one slipper. That would make me look more crazy. I asked some guys who were cleaning their turf and they say they dont see any slipper that looks mine. Still I will not go home with one slipper. More determined than ever, I keep on looking. Finally after 30 or 45 minutes I think, the guys who were cleaning saw my slippers in their backyard and they called me. Lo and behold, there it is!! My slipper was dragged by freakin beastly fidos for about 5 yards somewhere in the bush. I have never been so relieved for a decade than seeing my slipper once again. It has served me for about 3 years! We have developed a somewhat close bond.

But anyway I swim a little bit after pretending it never happened and mount my board to start skimming again. This time I lost my interest and the sun is starting to heat up. I decided to pack and leave. Well, I looked like a fool looking for my slipper so I think it's a better idea to exit and leave that damn wild-canine-infested place.

6 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger the caterpillar said...

did you clean your slippers? basin naay rabies virus-carrying saliva nabilin didto. yuck.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger miggs said...

Hala! I did not think about it that morning. Galagot naman gud ko. I remember I just dipped the slipper in the seawater and wore it. Oh no, I got some small cuts and bruise in my right foot due to the small peebbles. I hope there were no rabbies in the slipper. Oh no!
The dogs did not rip apart my slipper, there were no sign of biting. I suspect the beastly fido just drag my slipper and leave it there in the bush.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Thabet-Abbas C. Burias said...

miggs!

nice one. mas ok i-skim during high tide tops. i usually skim around 3pm taman twilight kay mas ok ang power sa waves. you'll learn faster and mas lingaw ang waveriding... grabe.

i won't be skimming for a long while kay naa naman new baby. stick sa ko sa manufacture.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger miggs said...

Ooppsie!!

"Manufacture" of what? Hmmm.. I almost wanted to misunderstood this word. Hehehe.

Somebody may think you will have a third baby. Hehehehe. Joke!

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home